Welcome to another boot2root / CTF this one is called Analougepond. The VM is set to grab
a DHCP lease on boot. I've tried to mix things up a little on this one, and have used the
feedback from #vulnhub to make this VM a little more challenging (I hope).
Since you're not a Teuchter, I'll offer some hints to you:
Remember TCP is not the only protocol on the Internet
My challenges are never finished with root. I make you work for the flags.
The intended route is NOT to use forensics or 0-days, I will not complain either way.
To consider this VM complete, you need to have obtained:
- Troll Flag: where you normally look for them
- Flag 1: You have it when you book Jennifer tickets to Paris on Pan Am.
- Flag 2: It will include a final challenge to confirm you hit the jackpot.
- Have root everywhere (this will make sense once you're in the VM)
- User passwords
- 2 VNC passwords
Best of luck! If you get stuck, eat some EXTRABACON
NB: Please allow 5-10 minutes or so from powering on the VM for background tasks to run
before proceeding to attack.
- v0.1b - Initial Version
- v01.c - Fixes for flags based on feedback from mrB3n
- v0.1d - Fixes based on shortcut to intended route
- v0.2a - Fixes and clean up of disks for smaller OVA export
- v0.2b - Small edit to remove copy of flag in wrong folder
SHA1SUM: D75AA2405E2DFB30C1470358EFD0767A10CF1EB1 analoguepond-0.2b.ova
Many thanks to mrB3n, Rand0mByteZ and kevinnz for testing this CTF.
A special thank you to g0tmi1k for hosting all these challenges and offering advice. A
tip of the hat to mrb3n for his recent assistence.