Please remember that VulnHub is a free community resource so we are unable to check the machines that are provided to us. Before you download, please read our FAQs sections dealing with the dangers of running unknown VMs and our suggestions for “protecting yourself and your network. If you understand the risks, please download!
Welcome to another boot2root / CTF this one is called Analougepond. The VM is set to grab
a DHCP lease on boot. I've tried to mix things up a little on this one, and have used the
feedback from #vulnhub to make this VM a little more challenging (I hope).
Since you're not a Teuchter, I'll offer some hints to you:
Remember TCP is not the only protocol on the Internet
My challenges are never finished with root. I make you work for the flags.
The intended route is NOT to use forensics or 0-days, I will not complain either way.
To consider this VM complete, you need to have obtained:
- Troll Flag: where you normally look for them
- Flag 1: You have it when you book Jennifer tickets to Paris on Pan Am.
- Flag 2: It will include a final challenge to confirm you hit the jackpot.
- Have root everywhere (this will make sense once you're in the VM)
- User passwords
- 2 VNC passwords
Best of luck! If you get stuck, eat some EXTRABACON
NB: Please allow 5-10 minutes or so from powering on the VM for background tasks to run
before proceeding to attack.
- v0.1b - Initial Version
- v01.c - Fixes for flags based on feedback from mrB3n
- v0.1d - Fixes based on shortcut to intended route
- v0.2a - Fixes and clean up of disks for smaller OVA export
- v0.2b - Small edit to remove copy of flag in wrong folder
SHA1SUM: D75AA2405E2DFB30C1470358EFD0767A10CF1EB1 analoguepond-0.2b.ova
Many thanks to mrB3n, Rand0mByteZ and kevinnz for testing this CTF.
A special thank you to g0tmi1k for hosting all these challenges and offering advice. A
tip of the hat to mrb3n for his recent assistence.
This works better with VirtualBox than VMware.
Back to the Top
- Filename: analoguepond-0.2b.ova
- File size: 1.8 GB
- MD5: 8A73E0BD1100B4C0E1C3C9560BA51722
- SHA1: D75AA2405E2DFB30C1470358EFD0767A10CF1EB1
Back to the Top
- Format: Virtual Machine (Virtualbox - OVA)
- Operating System: Linux
- DHCP service: Enabled
- IP address: Automatically assign