Please remember that VulnHub is a free community resource so we are unable to check the machines that are provided to us. Before you download, please read our FAQs sections dealing with the dangers of running unknown VMs and our suggestions for “protecting yourself and your network. If you understand the risks, please download!
Welcome to CSRF Minefield!
CSRF Minefield is an Ubuntu Server 18.04 based virtual machine, that is heavily ridden with Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities. This VM hosts 11 real-world web applications that were found vulnerable to CSRF vulnerability and your aim is to find them and detonate them before they explode the target network.
What is CSRF?
Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is an attack that forces an end user to execute unwanted actions on a web application in which they're currently authenticated. CSRF attacks specifically target state-changing requests, not theft of data, since the attacker has no way to see the response to the forged request. - OWASP
How to find or test for a CSRF vulnerability?
As a starting point, you can use the following resources by the OWASP Project:
OWASP Testing Guide
OWASP Code Review Guide
List of Web applications included in this version of CSRF Minefield (along with access details):
- Bolt CMS 3.6.6
- http://192.168.126.162/bolt | Username:admin Password:admin123
- PilusCart 1.4.1
- http://192.168.126.162/pilus | Username:admin Password:admin123
- zzzphp CMS 1.6.1
- http://192.168.126.162/zzzphp | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/zzzphp/admin537/login.php | Username:admin Password:admin123
- CMSSite 1.0
- http://192.168.126.162/cmssite/ | Username:victor Password:victor
- OOP CMS Blog 1.0
- http://192.168.126.162/oop/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/oop/admin | Username:admin Password:123
- Integria IMS 5.0.83
- http://192.168.126.162/integriaims/ | Username:admin Password:integria
- ZeusCart 4.0
- http://192.168.126.162/zeuscart/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/zeuscart/admin | Username:admin Password:admin123
- WSTMart 2.0.8
- http://192.168.126.162/wstmart/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/wstmart/admin.php | Username:admin Password:admin123
- Simple Online Hotel Reservation System
- http://192.168.126.162/hotelcal | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/hotelcal/admin | Username:admin Password:admin
- OrientDB 3.0.17 GA Community Edition
- Command to start web app:/opt/orient/bin/server.sh | http://192.168.126.162:2480/studio/index.html | Username:root Password:toor
- Apache CouchDB 2.3.1
- Command to start web app:/opt/couchdb/bin/couchdb | http://192.168.126.162:5984/_utils/index.html | Username:root Password:toor
How to get started?
- Download the VM from here and extract the Zip file.
- Import / Open OVF with VMWare Player or VMWare Workstation
- Run the VM
- Access the VM on IP address 192.168.126.162
- VM login details:
- Username: ptlab
- Password: ptlab
- To login as root: sudo su //(password same as above)
- Start hunting!
- There might be a few vulnerabilities of other kind. Let's see if you can find them as well.
In case you run into any troubles, contact me on @yaksas443 (twitter) or csc[at]yaksas[dot]in
May the force be with you!
Credits (vulnerability researchers):
- Bolt CMS 3.6.6 - FelipeGaspar
- PilusCart 1.4.1 - Gionathan Reale
- zzzphp CMS 1.6.1 - Yang Chenglong
- CMSSite 1.0 - Mr Winst0n
- OOP CMS Blog 1.0 - Mr Winst0n
- Integria IMS 5.0.83 - Javier Olmedo
- ZeusCart 4.0 - mqt
- WSTMart 2.0.8 - linfeng
- Simple Online Hotel Reservation System - Mr Winst0n
- OrientDB 3.0.17 GA Community Edition - Ozer Goker
- Apache CouchDB 2.3.1 - Ozer Goker
Back to the Top
- Filename: CSRF-Minefield-V1.0.zip
- File size: 3.0 GB
- MD5: 8978E6940110D281904EA95E37F100BF
- SHA1: A6CCA2E12DA89975E49CAE427F23A60D3FB780AB
Back to the Top
- Format: Virtual Machine (Virtualbox - OVA)
- Operating System: Linux
- DHCP service: Enabled
- IP address: Automatically assign