Welcome to CSRF Minefield!
CSRF Minefield is an Ubuntu Server 18.04 based virtual machine, that is heavily ridden with Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities. This VM hosts 11 real-world web applications that were found vulnerable to CSRF vulnerability and your aim is to find them and detonate them before they explode the target network.
What is CSRF?
Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is an attack that forces an end user to execute unwanted actions on a web application in which they're currently authenticated. CSRF attacks specifically target state-changing requests, not theft of data, since the attacker has no way to see the response to the forged request. - OWASP
How to find or test for a CSRF vulnerability?
As a starting point, you can use the following resources by the OWASP Project:
List of Web applications included in this version of CSRF Minefield (along with access details):
- Bolt CMS 3.6.6
- http://192.168.126.162/bolt | Username:admin Password:admin123
- PilusCart 1.4.1
- http://192.168.126.162/pilus | Username:admin Password:admin123
- zzzphp CMS 1.6.1
- http://192.168.126.162/zzzphp | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/zzzphp/admin537/login.php | Username:admin Password:admin123
- CMSSite 1.0
- http://192.168.126.162/cmssite/ | Username:victor Password:victor
- OOP CMS Blog 1.0
- http://192.168.126.162/oop/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/oop/admin | Username:admin Password:123
- Integria IMS 5.0.83
- http://192.168.126.162/integriaims/ | Username:admin Password:integria
- ZeusCart 4.0
- http://192.168.126.162/zeuscart/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/zeuscart/admin | Username:admin Password:admin123
- WSTMart 2.0.8
- http://192.168.126.162/wstmart/ | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/wstmart/admin.php | Username:admin Password:admin123
- Simple Online Hotel Reservation System
- http://192.168.126.162/hotelcal | Admin link: http://192.168.126.162/hotelcal/admin | Username:admin Password:admin
- OrientDB 3.0.17 GA Community Edition
- Command to start web app:/opt/orient/bin/server.sh | http://192.168.126.162:2480/studio/index.html | Username:root Password:toor
- Apache CouchDB 2.3.1
- Command to start web app:/opt/couchdb/bin/couchdb | http://192.168.126.162:5984/_utils/index.html | Username:root Password:toor
How to get started?
- Download the VM from here and extract the Zip file.
- Import / Open OVF with VMWare Player or VMWare Workstation
- Run the VM
- Access the VM on IP address 192.168.126.162
- VM login details:
- Username: ptlab
- Password: ptlab
- To login as root: sudo su //(password same as above)
- Start hunting!
- There might be a few vulnerabilities of other kind. Let's see if you can find them as well.
In case you run into any troubles, contact me on @yaksas443 (twitter) or csc[at]yaksas[dot]in
May the force be with you!
Credits (vulnerability researchers):
- Bolt CMS 3.6.6 - FelipeGaspar
- PilusCart 1.4.1 - Gionathan Reale
- zzzphp CMS 1.6.1 - Yang Chenglong
- CMSSite 1.0 - Mr Winst0n
- OOP CMS Blog 1.0 - Mr Winst0n
- Integria IMS 5.0.83 - Javier Olmedo
- ZeusCart 4.0 - mqt
- WSTMart 2.0.8 - linfeng
- Simple Online Hotel Reservation System - Mr Winst0n
- OrientDB 3.0.17 GA Community Edition - Ozer Goker
- Apache CouchDB 2.3.1 - Ozer Goker