- Flags: 3 (local.txt, user.txt & root.txt)
- Difficulty Level: Initial Shell (Easy) - Privileges Escalation (Intermediate)
- Website: https://ebryx.com
- Hint: Maybe, you hasted and left some open holes unchecked?
Literally Vulnerable is supposed to give beginners a taste of real-world scenarios and OSCP machines at the same time! It was inspired highly by the @DC series.
You're supposed to know the big three (EEEs) Enumeration, Exploitation & Escalation of pentesting to pwn the machine. The machine is supposed to be beginner-friendly and the difficulty level is Easy-Intermediate depending on your knowledge. You need to have enough information about Linux file types & permissions for privileges escalation.
- Just download, extract and load the .vmx file in VMware Workstation (tested on VMware Workstation 15.x.x)
- The adapter is currently NAT, networking is configured for DHCP and IP will get assigned automatically
- You can either contact me on twitter @syed__umar or linkedin (/in/syedumararfeen/) for hints!
There are three flags in the machine: local.txt, user.txt & root.txt. You're supposed to grab all three in order to completely pwn the machine. Hope you like the machine, best of luck! :)
I'll try my best to continue with the series!