IMPORTANT NOTE: do not use host-only mode, as issues have been discovered. Set the Billy Madison VM to "auto-detect" to get a regular DHCP address off your network.
Help Billy Madison stop Eric from taking over Madison Hotels!
Sneaky Eric Gordon has installed malware on Billy's computer right before the two of them are set to face off in an academic decathlon. Unless Billy can regain control of his machine and decrypt his 12th grade final project, he will not graduate from high school. Plus, it means Eric wins, and he takes over as head of Madison Hotels!
The primary objective of the VM is to figure out how Eric took over the machine and then undo his changes so you can recover Billy's 12th grade final project. You will probably need to root the box to complete this objective.
BillyMadison1dot0.zip - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5473387/BillyMadison1dot0.zip
- MD5 =
- SHA1 =
- Size: 1.68GB
- Hypervisor: Created with VMWare ESXi 6.0.0
- Difficulty: Beginner/Moderate
Special Thanks To:
- @rand0mbytez and @mrb3n813 for their tenacious help in beta testing, ironing out the bugs, suggesting better ways to do things, battling trolls and just generally being awesome.
- @g0tmi1k, @_RastaMouse and the VulnHub crew for hosting VMs, encouraging VM creators/testers and being a tremendous resource to the infosec community.
- @ReverseBrain for helping and testing with Vbox
- My wife. She rules.